Today, Apple announced updates on the entire iPod line. First up: the new iPod nano (4G). Here’s a run-down of the new features:
THE LOOK (or what we like to call Form Factor)
These nanos are strangely familiar looking!
- Tall (rectangular) and aluminum, much like the 2G nanos
- Rounded corners
- Thinnest iPod ever
The new nanos have gained capacity, an essential feature for the multimedia applications it can be used for.
- 8GB and 16GB (up from 4GB and 8GB)
- Plays music, photos, video
- 24-hour music, 4-hour video battery life
- “Shake to shuffle” (shake iPod and it will shuffle your music; I imagine you can possibly turn off this feature if you’re running…?)
- Rotating screen (good for CoverFlow mode (like the touch and iPhone)
- Still has patented scroll wheel design, not touch screen
The whole line has been refreshed with 9 new colors, in fantastic ROY G. BIV fashion (or close enough).
- Red (still only Product RED)
- Orange (it’s back!)
- Purple (close enough to a Indigo/Violet hybrid)
- Pink (pinkish-Violet)
Touted as the “cleanest” and most “toxic-free” iPods Apple has ever made, the new nanos are getting greener, for sure.
- Arsenic-free glass
- Highly recyclable
- $149 for the 8GB model
- $199 for the 16GB model
Stay tuned for more info on these new iPod nanos! We have all iPods listed, and we’ll have them in stock shortly.
We’ll keep you posted on iPod specials as well (previous generation iPod sales!)… check out the Specials page for more info.*