Today Apple released a major update to Logic Studio with more than over 200 new features and enhancements,. The new version includes Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Soundtrack Pro 3, Compressor 3.5, and WaveBurner 1.6.
Apple says Logic is for “guitar players, live performers, and all musicians who record, edit, and mix their own music.
The center of Logic Studio is Logic Pro 9, which makes it easier than ever to create your own compositions. Produce and play nearly any sound imaginable with a huge collection of effects, instruments, and loops, including the new Amp Designer and Pedalboard plug-ins. Use MainStage 2 to perform live with the instruments, amps, effects, and sounds you used to make your tracks. Logic Studio also comes with applications and utilities that expand your creative options into audio post-production and mastering. Logic boasts:
- Flex Time lets you manipulate audio timing and tempo like never before.
- Build dream guitar rigs with the new Amp Designer and Pedalboard.
MainStage 2 with new Playback and Loopback features let you take your Mac to the stage.
- Inspire your music with more than 1,000 instruments.
- Everything musicians need to write, record, produce, and perform on a Mac.
- Logic Pro 9 for do-it-yourself musicians to write, edit, record, and mix their own compositions.
- Shape your sound using more than 80 studio-quality effect plug-ins, including vintage and modern compressors, delays, reverbs, and more.
- New Amp Designer to help you re-create the sound of 25 legendary amps and 25 speaker cabinets.
- New Pedalboard with an assortment of 30 virtual stompbox pedals inspired by the classics.
- 20,000 royalty-free Apple Loops from all the Jam Pack collections.
- Soundtrack Pro 3, a streamlined audio post-production application for film and video.
The U.S. retail price of Logic Studio is $499.99. Current owners of Logic Studio or Logic Pro can purchase an upgrade for $199.99. Current owners of Logic Express can purchase an upgrade for $299.99. Upgrades are available only for retail versions.
Click here to see Logic Studio.
Click here to see the Logic Studio Upgrade from Logic Pro 6, 7, or Logic Platnum or Gold 5, 6.
Click here to see the Apple Logic Studio Upgrade from Logic Express 6, 7, or 8.
If you’re a musician that uses GarageBand, you must read this excellent GarageBand vs Logic Comparison on Macworld.com