Here are some tips to help you get the most from your Apple laptop’s battery.
– Fully charge your portable when you plug it in for the first time.
– Run Software Update to ensure you have the latest Apple software. Updates may improve battery performance.
– Don’t leave your laptop plugged in all the time. Apple recommends charging and discharging its battery at least once per month. Need a reminder? Add a repeating event to iCal.
– Calibrate your laptop’s battery for best performance. You can read how to do this here:
– Keeping your Mac as near room temperature as possible (22°C) is ideal.
– If you don’t plan on using your laptop for more than six months, Apple recommends that you remove and store the battery with a 50% charge. Be sure to store the ejected battery at room temperature.
– You can choose to use your Apple notebook in a way that maximizes its battery life:
– Go into System Preferences and choose Energy Saver.
– Dim the screen to the lowest comfortable level.
– AirPort consumes power, even if you are not connected to a network. Turn it off to save power.
– Likewise, you can turn off Bluetooth to maximize your battery life.
– Disconnect peripherals and quit applications not in use. Eject CDs and DVDs if not currently using them.